The 6th International Conference on "Fission and Properties of Neutron-Rich Nuclei"
(ICFN6) will be held in November 6 - 12, 2016 at Sundial Beach Resort on Sanibel Island in Florida, United States.
The conference is being sponsored by Vanderbilt University, Los Alamos National Laboratory, NSCL/FRIB
Michigan State University, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and the Joint Institute for Nuclear Physics and its Applications.
The ICFN6 conference is a continuation of the long series of topical conferences on fission and properties of neutron-rich nuclei started in 1997. The scope of ICFN6 will be similar to that of the previous ones, held in Scotland, and Sanibel Island in US. Invited and contributed speakers will present recent results of theoretical and experimental studies and future prospects in the following areas;
• Fission Modes and Reactions: Particle induced fission, spontaneous fission, bimodal fission, Coulomb fission and fusion-fission.
• Fission Processes: Isotopic and energy distributions, neutron multiplicities, spin distributions, cold fission (cluster radioactivity), ternary fission and fission isomers.
• Properties of Neutron-rich Nuclei: Decay properties, masses, nuclear structure, nuclear astrophysics.
• Fragmentation and Accelerated Beams of Neutron-rich Nuclei: Coulomb excitation, transfer reactions, deep inelastic collisions and present and future prospects for radioactive ion beams.
• Super Heavy Elements: Current status of super heavy element research, decay spectroscopy, chemistry of SHE, production methods and current and future facilities.
The first and second circulars are now available.
The best way to reach the Sanibel Island is flying to the Southwest Florida International Airport (Fort Myers, Florida). The distance from the Southwest Florida International Airport to the Sundial Beach Resort (Sanibel Island, Florida) is 27 miles (see Google map ).
Additional information can be obtained from
Carol Soren, Conference Secretary
or Local Organizing Committee.